Sunday, October 14, 2012

Shrimps vs. Sausage at Pizza Volante

While walking the streets of Baguio City, we passed by Pizza Volante,  a small pizza joint located right along Baguio's most famous thoroughfare.  Since T was craving for pizza the other night, we decided to check it out.

The place is small and unassuming with only a few chairs and tables.  The menu is written in a chalkboard decked over the kitchen window where you can see the orders being prepped inside.  The place has this artisanal vibe which we really liked aside from the usual laid back atmosphere of homegrown Baguio restaurants.

Plump and juicy shrimps on top of a bed of cheese

I was glad that they serve 6" personal pan pizzas because T wanted to order the Shrimp Pizza which I am not really a fan of, so she - ehem - we decided to split our orders and go with the ones we wanted.  After a few minutes, our orders arrived at our table.

Shrimp Pizza - P99

I am not really a fan of this combination but their Shrimp Pizza was good.  The shrimps were plump and juicy and perfectly blends with the flavor of the melted cheese.  The dough was also great and has the right amount of chewiness.

Bockwurst Sausage Pizza - P99

The Bockwurst Sausage Pizza which I ordered was really good too. OK, I admit the Shrimp Pizza was a bit better hehe but I still totally enjoyed the generous toppings of sliced sausage, melted cheese and the freshly baked dough of my order.  A few drops of the in-house hot sauce and I am all good.

Pizza Volante Hot Sauce

Overall, the meal was really nice and we really enjoyed our pizzas.  So when you are in Baguio and you get a sudden craving for a good pizza, eschew the big pizza joints for a change and visit Pizza Volante along the legendary Session Road and try out their much loved pizza creations.

Pizza Volante
82 Session Road, Baguio City, Benguet
(074) 445-0777

6 comments:

  1. I love pizza! Would love to try this. The prices are reasonable too. :)


    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michy, try them out, their pizza's are good. Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  2. I know I would enjoy shrimp pizza so much but I doubt my family would. I might try making something like this just for me the next time I make pizza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dexie, I was not really a fan of shrimp pizza too but after our trip to Volante in Baguio, I gotta admit that shrimp pizzas are not that bad after all :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pizza Volante is definitely in my list of "must-try" restos in Baguio. So excited for my upcoming trip! Thanks for sharing!

    http://baffledchichi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...